You are here: Home » Archives for dress
The Real Beauty Is Truth
For every Marilyn Monroe, there’s a Mary Magdalene; for every Joan Jett, there’s a Joan of Arc; and for every Lady Gaga, there’s Our Lady, Eternal Queen of Heaven.
Fortunately for young women today, another sort of model took these great models of womanhood—the saints in heaven—to heart.
In her new DVD, From Top Model to Role Model, fashion model and Catholic “revert” Leah Darrow offers her own story of sin and redemption as a case study in how damaging the current culture can be to women.
In From Top Model to Role Model, Leah takes you behind the scenes of the high-pressure world of high fashion.
Launching her career as a cast member of the TV reality show America’s Next Top Model, Leah plunged headfirst into the modeling business.
Today, recovering from the ordeal and having returned to the Catholic Church of her childhood, Leah speaks to young people, in particular young women, about the importance of maintaining their dignity and their relationship with God.
Using humor and heartfelt stories from her own life, Leah shares with young people the facts about:
* the false promises of Hollywood, high fashion, and celebrity culture,
* how modesty, purity, and true love are connected,
* why it’s important to define your worth not by the world’s standards, but by God’s,
* the role that parents play as (sometimes) secret allies,
* how a person’s outward image reflects the interior state, and how prayer affects both,
* why offering virginity outside of marriage as a sign of “true” love is a mistake,
* why celebrating womanhood through fashion makes no sense, and why immodesty cheapens womanhood.
From America’s Next Top Model to Catholic speaker, Leah Darrow’s journey in faith has been a battle at times. Even in the years prior to her reality-TV fame, her Catholic faith took a backseat role. That all changed during one special photo shoot in which God allowed her to see her soul in its current state. This extraordinary and supernatural grace gave her the courage to change every aspect of her life: her friends, her beliefs, her clothes, and her opinion of the world and herself.